We all love the flowers and cute notes, but if you really want to make the mom in your life feel special here are a few suggestions:
Mom could really use:
- A Nap: It’s true. Most women walk around the world chronically sleep deprived. A 20-minute nap can put a dent in the deficit and make her day more enjoyable.
- Permission To Do Nothing: That’s right. Nothing. An hour or two where no-one needs or expects anything from her maybe the biggest gift you can give. Assure her the laundry can wait and that it isn’t at all selfish to read her book or take a hot bath (or both).
- Appreciation For Everything Unseen: “I don’t know how you manage to keep us all on track and make it look so easy.” Much of what the mom in your life does goes unnoticed. Notice!
- Backup: Think about one chore, activity, or duty you could take on or assist in over the next year. She’s got so much on her plate, offer to take a little bit off. Even if she isn’t ready to accept your help, she’ll appreciate the offer!
- Laughter: Nothing makes a day feel like a celebration more than laughter. Laughter is also a great way to reduce stress and lower your blood pressure – great for your heart health.
This Mother’s Day give the busy women in your life something she can really use!
Eliz Greene works busy people to improve heart health, so they can work well, feel better, and stress less.
She is a heart attack survivor and the author of the Busy Woman’s Guide to a Healthy Heart as well as 3 other books on wellness. She writes one of the top 50 health and wellness blogs and is a sought-after wellness & stress management speaker.
If you are planning a women’s wellness program, workplace wellness program or programs for healthcare professionals check out EmbraceYourHeart.com to see if Eliz would be a good fit with your organization.
There are currently no comments.