Good Dental Health is Essential to Heart Health
Don’t have a dentist? Here are some tips for finding a good one.
- Check with friends and your local dental society for recommendations.
- Ask about the appointment schedule. Will the schedule work for you? Is the office conveniently located?
- How does the office handle emergencies?
- Whatoptions are available to make you comfortable during exams and treatments? Does the office offer distractions (TV or music) guided imagery and other pain and anxiety reducing options?
- What are the payment and insurance options. If the office is not up-front about
billing policies this may be an indication of problems to come.
If you have anxiety about seeing the dentist check out www.dentalfear.com for some great information.
Embrace the dentist, Engage Your Health and Embrace Your Heart!
Share your thoughts by making a comment below
Need a tip to eat better, move more or manage your stress?
Wish Eliz would answer your question?
Add a comment below and we’ll provide the tip!
Eliz Greene is the Busy Woman’s Guide to a Health. Drawing on her experience surviving a massive heart attack while seven-months pregnant with twins, struggling to lose the 80 pounds gained during her pregnancy, and her background as an adaptive movement specialist, Eliz developed simple strategies and tips to help other busy women be more active, eat better and manage your stress.
As the Director of the Embrace Your Heart Wellness Initiative, Eliz travels the country energizing and inspiring audiences in keynotes and workshops on women’s heart health. She writes one of the top 100 health and wellness blogs. Find more at www.EmbraceYourHeart.com