Is your busy schedule getting in the way of healthy meals?
Try this easy, and tasty, crock-pot creation:
Crock-pot Chicken Chili
Makes a big pot (8 or more servings )
Time to cook: 7 to 8 hours, plus 15 minutes
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 (14 oz) cans no salt added diced tomatoes with spicy green peppers or chillies added
1 (8 oz) can no salt added crushed tomatoes
1 envelope low-salt chili seasoning
1 (15 oz) can Black beans (no salt added)
1 (15 oz) can Red kidney beans (no salt added)
1 (15 oz) can corn (no salt added)
Reduced fat sour cream
Here’s what I like about this recipe, you just dump stuff in!
- Turn crock-pot on, low setting.
- Pour in diced and crushed tomatoes.
- Pour in Chili seasoning.
- Stir well.
- Place chicken thighs into crock-pot (don’t cut them, put them in whole)
- Stir again.
- Put the top on the pot and walk away.
- Come back 15 minutes before you want to serve the chili.
- Stir to break up chicken.
- Rinse the beans and corn.
- Pour beans and corn into pot and stir
- Replace lid and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro — and maybe some whole grain rolls!
Remember to store left overs in glass or ceramic containers, not plastic.
Need a tip to eat better, move more or manage your stress?
Wish Eliz would answer your question?
Add a comment below and we’ll provide the tip!
Eliz Greene is the Busy Woman’s Guide to Health. Drawing on her experience surviving a massive heart attack while seven-months pregnant with twins, struggling to lose the 80 pounds gained during her pregnancy, and her background as an adaptive movement specialist, Eliz developed simple strategies and tips to help other busy women be more active, eat better and manage your stress.
As the Director of the Embrace Your Heart Wellness Initiative, Eliz travels the country energizing and inspiring audiences in keynotes and workshops on women’s heart health. She writes one of the top 100 health and wellness blogs. Find more at www.EmbraceYourHeart.com.
There are currently no comments.