Do you remember tag? Last week my friend, Kim Kotecki, sent me a “You’re It” e-mail inviting me to play a game of blog-tag. The challenge: write post “5 Things You Might Not Know About Me” and then tag five friends who also blog. So here goes:
1. My family calls me Lizzie. Which used to bug me, but now I don’t even notice. I changed my name in between high school and college after being called Little Lizzie for my entire school life (5 Elizabeths in my class — better than Big Lizzie). Anyway, my Mom came around and calls me Eliz (like e-mail), but for most of the rest of my family — it’s still Lizzie.
2. My sister’s kids call me “The Carp Queen” In another lifetime, I did pagents (does that count as another thing you might not know about me?) As the Coon Rapids Princess (Coon Rapids, MN is my home town), I made an appearance at Carp Days at the Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park. Well, one thing led to another and I ended up kissing a carp. Yep, “The Carp Queen.”
3. I sail. I grew up sailing small boats on inland lakes in Minnesota and on larger boats on Lake of the Woods. I taught sailing at a girls camp and have been a volunteer instructor at the Milwaukee Community Sailing Center. My husband Clay and I bought a boat this year with another couple and are looking forward to teaching the girls to sail — they already love “riding the rail.”
4. I’m really very shy. NO — that’s not true. But, I was pretty shy as a kid. I guess I got over it at some point.
5. I don’t know that many people who have a blog! Finding 5 people to tag was a bit of a challenge, but here goes:
Tag! You five are it: Chris Clarke-Epstein, Victor Gray, Mike Domitrz, Robert Ian and Ellen Taliaferro, MD I hope you enjoy the game!
Want to play?? Feel free to post a comment, link to your blog and tag some friends!
Need a tip to eat better, move more or manage your stress?
Wish Eliz would answer your question?
Add a comment below and we’ll provide the tip!
Eliz Greene is the Busy Woman’s Guide to a Health. Drawing on her experience surviving a massive heart attack while seven-months pregnant with twins, struggling to lose the 80 pounds gained during her pregnancy, and her background as an adaptive movement specialist, Eliz developed simple strategies and tips to help other busy women be more active, eat better and manage your stress.
As the Director of the Embrace Your Heart Wellness Initiative, Eliz travels the country energizing and inspiring audiences in keynotes and workshops on women’s heart health. She writes one of the top 100 health and wellness blogs. Find more at www.EmbraceYourHeart.com.
3 Responses to “Tag, You’re it!: 5 Things You May Not Know About Me”
1) I once auditioned for the TV show “Puttin’ on the Hits” (lip sync contest show in the 80s) by doing a Weird Al Yankovich song — Punk Polka. Didn’ get picked. The scary part? A year later, I ran into a judge and found out I almost made it onto the show.
2) As a small child, we would have our Siberian husky pull us on our sled. Her name was Wolf. She took me at full speed under a car and my head hit the muffler — explains a lot, doesn’t it?
3) Go watch the highlight video/DVD of the 1984 Olympics and you will see me as a 14 year old. Not competing. Instead, sitting next to the USA’s gold medalist Greco Roman Wrestling Champions — parents. I didn’t even know they were his parents and I was talking their ear off the entire match. Then, he won…threw his hands up in the air and started running right at us. When you watch the DVD, you’ll see a skinny kid taking a picture (wearing a Detroit Tigers baseball cap). That is me. Right next to his parents. Those poor people had to put up with me. Ugh!
4) I use to break dance (when it was hip the first time around). Yes, I had a pair of parachute pants. Go Hammer!!
5) What you talkin about Willis? As a kid, I loved “Different Strokes” and Gary Coleman. I even read his autobiography in middle school.
1. How did the tag line “Red Dress come about?
2. I could be wrong here, but do you celebrate the traditional Jewish holidays? As a diversity trainer I always want to learn about the traditions of others.
3. As I watch the NFC playoff game, please rank your favorite NFC team (1=favorite, 2= 2nd most favorite, etc.)
-None of the above
4. Did you attend the “U”?
5. Do you know where I went to college?
Thanks for the fun!!!
1. The “Red Dress” is the symbol for women and heart disease. A nationwide effort to educate and rally attention for the cause. As you know, I am always in red when I am working — so people started calling me the Red Dress Lady and it works.
2. Sorry can’t help too much with the diversity issue. Eventhough I live on the North Shore of Milwaukee and my last name Greene, I’m not Jewish. Both of my college roomates were Jewish and I have celebrated many occasions, have a working understanding and have traveled to Isreal (oh, another thing you might not know about me).
3. Badgers, Victor, the Badgers. I am a one team girl and college football is it. I enjoy watching the Packers and will root for any Central Division team in the playoffs, but got to love the pure college game!
4. Badgers, Victor, I’m a Badger!
5. Yep, you’re a Gopher. All wagers are welcome!
Thanks for playing!!!