Do you remember tag? Last week my friend, Kim Kotecki, sent me a “You’re It” e-mail inviting me to play a game of blog-tag. The challenge: write post “5 Things You Might Not Know About Me” and then tag five friends who also blog. So here goes:
1. My family calls me Lizzie. Which used to bug me, but now I don’t even notice. I changed my name in between high school and college after being called Little Lizzie for my entire school life (5 Elizabeths in my class — better than Big Lizzie). Anyway, my Mom came around and calls me Eliz (like e-mail), but for most of the rest of my family — it’s still Lizzie.
2. My sister’s kids call me “The Carp Queen” In another lifetime, I did pagents (does that count as another thing you might not know about me?) As the Coon Rapids Princess (Coon Rapids, MN is my home town), I made an appearance at Carp Days at the Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park. Well, one thing led to another and I ended up kissing a carp. Yep, “The Carp Queen.”
3. I sail. I grew up sailing small boats on inland lakes in Minnesota and on larger boats on Lake of the Woods. I taught sailing at a girls camp and have been a volunteer instructor at the Milwaukee Community Sailing Center. My husband Clay and I bought a boat this year with another couple and are looking forward to teaching the girls to sail — they already love “riding the rail.”
4. I’m really very shy. NO — that’s not true. But, I was pretty shy as a kid. I guess I got over it at some point.
5. I don’t know that many people who have a blog! Finding 5 people to tag was a bit of a challenge, but here goes:
Want to play?? Feel free to post a comment, link to your blog and tag some friends!
Need a tip to eat better, move more or manage your stress?
Wish Eliz would answer your question?
Add a comment below and we’ll provide the tip!
Eliz Greene is the Busy Woman’s Guide to a Health. Drawing on her experience surviving a massive heart attack while seven-months pregnant with twins, struggling to lose the 80 pounds gained during her pregnancy, and her background as an adaptive movement specialist, Eliz developed simple strategies and tips to help other busy women be more active, eat better and manage your stress.
As the Director of the Embrace Your Heart Wellness Initiative, Eliz travels the country energizing and inspiring audiences in keynotes and workshops on women’s heart health. She writes one of the top 100 health and wellness blogs. Find more at www.EmbraceYourHeart.com.