So what if you can’t make it to the gym!
Find it hard to fit a 30 minute workout into your busy day? Don’t worry, short periods of activity can be just as beneficial.Don’t deprive your body of the activity it needs – get it in small chunks of time.
Research conducted by the University of Missouri-Columbia found three ten-minute blocks of exercise were as beneficial as thirty minutes of activity. Great news!
Tips to take advantage of your “chunks” of activity:
- Park farther away or take a lap around your building before you start work.
- Walk the halls at break time or at lunch. (However, you must keep going – don’t stop to chat. Invite others to walk & talk)
- Settle into the evening with a quick walk around your neighborhood.
- Take Rover for a walk.
- Extend activities such as unloading groceries by carrying one bag at a time.
- Take a “victory lap” around the office at the end of the day. Wishing everyone a good evening might buy you some good will as well!
Using chunks is a great way to move in the right direction toward a more active you!
Find a plan for a more active you in Eliz’s e-book: Move More! Busy Woman’s Guide to an Active Lifestyle and more tips on her Award Winning Blog.
Eliz Greene works with busy women who want to improve their heart health so they can live longer, feel better, and stress less.
She is the author of the Busy Woman’s Guide to a Healthy Heart and 3 other books on wellness. She writes one of the top 50 health and wellness blogs and is a sought-after women’s wellness speaker. Find out about her women’s wellness programs, workplace wellness programs and programs for healthcare professionals at EmbraceYourHeart.com
There are currently no comments.