The Girl Scout Law and Wellness
Eliz had the honor of presenting a wellness program to Girl Scout Leaders during a leadership training retreat. She designed a wellness program based on the Girl Scout Law.
What can the Girl Scout Law tell us about wellness?
Quite a bit.
One line of the law is:
Use Resources Wisely
Eliz asked the leaders to consider if they were using their OWN resources wisely in a series of questions including:
- Do you forgo personal pleasures to get one more thing done?
- Do you grab what is handy instead of making a healthy meal?
- Do you wish there were more hours in the day so you could get some sleep?
- Do you step in to fill a void in leadership?
- Do you wonder what happened to that energetic girl you used to be?
Leaders, and women in general, can quickly use up their resources if they do not take the time to care for themselves. Eliz provided strategies to fit healthy habits into already busy lives, and a few laughs too.
Look for a series of wellness articles based on the Girl Scout Law detailing the tips Eliz shared during this program.
Were you there? Please leave a comment below.