Is It Time for a Little Spring Cleaning during Lent?
For many of us, today begins Lent – a time to do a cleaning up of our bodies and spirit. Before you decide to trot out the tried and true “I’ll give up sweets” plan, take a moment to think about the healthy (or unhealthy) habits you hold all year long.
Are sweets really the problem?
Lent can be a time to give up unhealthy habits, 0r take on healthy ones. Any activity you can sustain for more than 21 days can become a lifelong habit – Lent is a great time to solidify a new habit (or break an unhealthy one).
Here are some ideas for taking advantage of the Lenten season:
- MoveMore: Commit to being active for at least 20 minutes every day. (10 minutes twice per day works too!)
- Drink More: Water that is. Commit to drinking 64 ounces of water every day and avoiding soda and other sugary drinks
- Sleep More: Back away from the gadgets and get to bed earlier. Commit to sleeping at least 7 hours (more if you can) each night
- Connect More: Spend less Facebook time and more Face-time with people you care about. Commit to truly connecting with at least one person each day.
- Reflect More:It is easy to take what we have for granted. Commit to being truly grateful for at least one thing each day
- Be Kind More: Busy lives often leave less time for encouragement. Say something encouraging to at least one person each day – and say something encouraging to yourself too.
Start spring with a renewed body and spirit by taking the time during Lent to build healthier habits.
Women’s Wellness Speaker Eliz Greene works with busy women to improve heart health, so they can live longer, feel better, and stress less.
She is a heart attack survivor and the author of the Busy Woman’s Guide to a Healthy Heart as well as 3 other books on wellness. She writes one of the top 50 health and wellness blogs and is a sought-after women’s wellness & stress management keynote speaker. Eliz was recently named one of the Top Ten Online Influencers on Stress.
If you are planning a women’s wellness program, Go Red for Women Luncheon, or Heart Truth event check out EmbraceYourHeart.com to see if Eliz would be a good fit with your organization.
There are currently no comments.